Coffee Rubbed Venison Tenderloin
- 1 Venison Tenderloin (sub-Elk, Bison or Grass-fed Beef if you don’t have access)
- 6 oz Lightly Steamed Broccoli (raw preferred)
- 1 cup Sweet potato (Optional)
- 1/2 Grass-Fed butter
- 1/2 Tbs Rub Ingredients
- 1/4 cup ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely ground espresso
- 2 Tbs smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbs dry Mustard
- 1 Tbs Himalayan Sea salt
- 1 Tbs Ground Coriander
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Rub tenderloin thoroughly coating tenderloin and allow it to sit for several hours in the fridge prior to cooking. Bring to room temperature one full hour prior to cooking. On a medium-high grill pan sear the tenderloin on all sides. Game meat cooks quickly because of its low-fat content so be careful not to overcook.
Depending on the size of the cut you may need to finish it off in an oven at 350 degrees F. Do not cook over 125 degrees F internal temperature. Meat will continue to rise in temperature once removed from heat another 10 degrees F. Allow meat to rest for 10 minutes. Spread butter over broccoli and sweet potato if you find you tolerate carbohydrate well.